Real Girl Beauty

For every girl who's imagined herself as Lucky Magazine's "Lucky Girl." Or who's conquered her addiction to the bitchier-than-thou style.com forums. Or who reacts every day to her Daily Candy email with the same: "Who can afford that?" Here are some heartfelt health and beauty tips from one Real Girl to another.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

GLOWY!




I am searching now, my friends, for the perfect bronzer. But in the meantime, to keep my well-sunscreened faccia from looking winter pale, I've been using a great new product--one I was totally wishing for last year. Remember? I had been so scared of self-tanner--what if I messed up and looked like Ernie with no Burt?--but then the perfect, flawless Jergens Natural Glow hit the market.

Well now? They've made one for your FACE!! It's like Jergens came to Real Girl's apartment last year and watched her slathering on her self-tanning lotion, while moaning ecstatically, "If only they made it for my face!" (Mmmkay. Mayyyybe not so much.)

So here, now, are my glowy tips for glowifying your face with the glow of Jergens Natural Glow Face!

1) Don't be afraid to opt for "Medium" unless you're really, really pale. I've heard reports that the lightest shade doesn't do much.

2) Use at night. Because you're using your other daily moisturizer and/or sunscreen during the day. If this product had sunscreen in it? It would have been too perfect to bear. I might have burst a blood vessel.

3) Start slow. I started using the product every other day and then less frequently when I reached the color I wanted. But if you want to go darker, then use every day.

Alrighty! Sunscreen? Check. Antioxidants? Check. Perfect glowy tan? Check.

Now let's go to Sephora and pick out something shiny and delicious!!
And in the meantime, do you have a favorite facial tanner? Or anything else to report??
xx
With love from,
Real Girl