Real Girl Beauty

For every girl who's imagined herself as Lucky Magazine's "Lucky Girl." Or who's conquered her addiction to the bitchier-than-thou style.com forums. Or who reacts every day to her Daily Candy email with the same: "Who can afford that?" Here are some heartfelt health and beauty tips from one Real Girl to another.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Benelip! It's Beneriffic! Benelieve Me!




Hello you patient people!

Thanks so much for understanding as I brave the wilds of Ultimate Blogger 2. It’s been less than a week, and let me tell you it’s already a long, strange trip! But one I’m having fun on. I’ll send you a postcard saying “Wish you were here!” with cute kiss marks on the front.

And speaking…of…kiss marks…

Can I just tell you about my new lip obsession? Or, wait. Let me show you. Enlarge the picture over there at the right. The one where I’m holding this very product, along with last week’s precious gem. See my lips? How they look all rosy? Like they’ve been bitten gently over and over, so the flush of rushing blood seems to linger near the surface?

We can thank Benefit’s Benetint Pocket Pal for that perfect rosy color.

Now, part of this product is an old favorite to many. Benetint, the classic tint for cheeks and lips. I’ve never had much luck using the color on my cheeks—maybe you can share your application processes. I’ve always been a powder blush gal. But for lips? It’s nice, but not very purse-friendly. And also? Just the tint isn’t enough. There’s something too pink or too red when it’s on its own. The lip looks dry, flat, not as sexy as it should.

But with the clear gloss on the other side of the Pocket Pal? Magic. Sheer (punny!) lip magic. You are not looking at a pink or red gloss girl. I just don’t look good in them. But somehow, the tint-gloss combo just…shines! Love! I feel like if it's flattering on me, with my yellow-undertone skin, then it should suit many a complexion. Also, you might want to experiment with how dark you'd like the tint to be. Too much and it looks hot pink against my skin. I just brush once on upper lip and once on bottom, without re-dipping.

But girls, you know we’ve got to break it down Real Girl style. Application: Careful of that tint brush because it can tickle. Your lips are sensitive! (Like my dear, competing heart right now.) As for the gloss applicator tip? I wish it deposited more product on the lip. But if you pump and gloss a couple times you should be fine. The gloss itself is really nice! Moisturizing, light, and not too goopy or too shiny. A great winter/early spring look all around. Another great plus!? As a tint, the color won't kiss off! Sure your man (or woman--no judging here!) will wind up wearing a bit of clear gloss, but the gloss isn't that slippery, so the transfer quotient should be minimal. I say kiss away!

Now lovelies, pleeease share your Benetint experiences! Any tint experiences at all. Shout out whatever you want!

(I’ve already been answering questions from my fellow Ultimate Bloggers about ratty cuticles and flossing…from the guys! I can’t tell you how much I love that.)

(It almost feels like home!)

(Sniffle.)

Thanks for your awesome support, guys. I’ll tell you one thing I know for sure: If the contest were about who has the Ultimate Readers? I’d be leaving them all in the dust!

With love,
From one Real Girl to another
xx

P.S. Hold that tint part of the combo upright--it has spill potential when open! And spilling product is baaaaad.