Real Girl Beauty

For every girl who's imagined herself as Lucky Magazine's "Lucky Girl." Or who's conquered her addiction to the bitchier-than-thou style.com forums. Or who reacts every day to her Daily Candy email with the same: "Who can afford that?" Here are some heartfelt health and beauty tips from one Real Girl to another.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Coming Soon!!


Update, Tues 9/20: Oooh! We have a winner and a runner up!! Wow, that was a hard contest to judge...So Wednesday night we'll chat about eye shadow and give away the prize! Weee!

Stay tuned for Real Girl's favorite eye shadow!!

Needless to say, I'm busy reading a plethora of delightful, fun, and beautilicious poems (take that, Emily Dickinson with your reclusive pastiness).

Until the winner and runner up are published, here's Real Mom's entry to tide you over. Also?? Dear Real Mom's in desperate need of a new volumizing shampoo that doesn't dry out her baby fine tresses--so any and all suggestions are welcome, my friends.

Here's the first poem, with all its lippy goodness.

My lips used to be horribly flaky,
Extremely dry and very caky.
I tried the obvious, Chap Stick,
But it didn't do the trick.
Got a bonus sample from Clinique;
"All About Lips" my interest did pique.
I smoothed it on, so white and milky,
And soon my lips felt soft and silky.
Moisturizes AND exfoliates,
If I were single, it'd get me dates.


And I remain your,
Real Girl
xx

(And she remains my,
Real Mom xx)