Real Girl Beauty

For every girl who's imagined herself as Lucky Magazine's "Lucky Girl." Or who's conquered her addiction to the bitchier-than-thou style.com forums. Or who reacts every day to her Daily Candy email with the same: "Who can afford that?" Here are some heartfelt health and beauty tips from one Real Girl to another.

Monday, March 19, 2007

We're Your Dream Curls

Yay, Real Girl loves a good drugstore find! Especially if it makes my hair look all scrumptious-like. I can't tell you how many times people ask if my curly hair is natural. I always answer the same way: Yes it is. But it gets some help.

By which I mean, I scrunch. Boy, do I scrunch. But the whole process is so much easier now--and the result so much bouncier--with Frizz Ease Dream Curls.

If you are like me, with fine wavy hair, then Dream Curls will certainly help you scrunch your way to spiral curls. I wish I knew how it works. The ingredient list contains no alcohol, which is crucial for any hair product. And, indeed, there's no sticky, stiff after-feel at all. Your hair's texture will seem productless! And yet...it will somehow do more of what you want it to do.

Will this product work on straight hair? I don't know, but I suspect maybe. For years, the beloved scrunch-product of the straight-haired has been Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray, which I confess never worked all that great for me. But I suspect, if you use the Dream Curls as I do, you might get some tousling action going on. Here's what I do:

1. Spray hair when damp, then scrunch.
2. Scrunch with one hand while using hair dryer with the other for about 5 minutes.
3. Let dry fully on its own.
4. Spray once more when dry.
5. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
See? The curly hair is natural. But it gets some help indeed.

I'll be really interested to hear your results!

But what about you gals? Any great drugstore hair finds we need to know about? Have you loved the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray? Or any other Frizz Ease products? Anything to dish at all?

Of course I'd love to hear it!
Real Girl
xx